Tuesday, May 14, 2013

northern exposure

May 10th - Flight

I'm not sure where in the world I am right now... probably still over North America. It's 5:30 (P.M. in New Hampshire, A.M. in China), and we've been flying for about five hours. That means nine more hours to go, and I'm quickly depleting the films available to me ("Oz: The Great and Powerful": pretty good, not all that memorable; "Les Miserables": excellent so far). 


Anyway, I'm writing because it just hit me: I'm going to China. That may seem silly, but with law school, job searching, visa problems, planning, and finals, I've not had the opportunity to reflect and appreciate that I'm going to be spending two and a half weeks in the Orient. But now: speeding toward the city of Shanghai, I haven't been this excited  in a long time.


[amendment: now 8:19, Les Mis great, must be near Asia now, they just served "Cup Noodles." A quick check of the satellite map shows that we're actually only a few miles away from the North Pole, approaching Siberia]

1 comment: