Friday, January 1, 2010

happy new year


I'm taking advantage of Logan International Airport's brief flirtation with free wifi to post this from my boarding gate. They'll be calling us any minute, so I'll briefly mention that I have obviously made it to the airport in time to catch my flight despite staying out until roughly 3am for New Year's (a quick shout out to everyone at the party who I promised I'd keep blogging for: I hope you'll all be enjoying the New Year when you finally wake up in roughly 4 hours).

All geared up and ready to go.

Because my first layover will be in Aruba, sitting here in the waiting area in the early morning hours feels a lot like going to Bow Mill's United Methodist Church: everyone's a little groggy and I'm at least 40 years younger than the next youngest passenger. After all, you can't spell "I want to get the heck out of the cold" without "old". So far I've managed to avoid getting my cheek pinched though I know it's just a matter of time.

Saying goodbye to the frost and snow.

Okay, the Captain and crew and making their way inside now, so I'd better get packed up. Next stop: Aruba, Bogota, and Caracas!

1 comment:

  1. Headed right back home since nobody particularly felt like killing at least 2 hours waiting for Symphony Sushi to open. Bad idea on our part, since we forgot the Winter Classic at Fenway today. Coulda seen a stealth bomber as up close as they get. Oh well. Nice departure picture. Probably a professional job.

    ReplyDelete