Monday, August 31, 2009

adventure brewing

I sit here at 22:36 waiting for my 23:00 bus to arrive to take me to Mt. Sinai. The two to three hour bus ride will be my only real change to sleep tonight, as upon its arrival I will be undertaking my first night climb. The goal is to reach the summit for sunrise, which is supposed to be rather breathtaking. Devin will be coming with me for the climb, and there will be a guide to help us to find the trail to the 3,750 Steps of Repentance - carved into the stone by a monk as a form of penance - that will take us to the top. On top of this rather auspicious undertaking, Devin and I are also planning an even more audacious scheme, the details of which I am withholding for dramatic effect. For now, I simply ask for your well wishes as I attempt a nighttime desert accent on little sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment